Monday 27 September 2010

School Reunion

We all remember our school days good or bad, love them or loathe them but the memories however fresh or vague are with us in some way or another. Now, I will be truly honest here, I did love my Primary School days but wasn’t that enamoured by my High School years. In High school, for me personally, there was far too much pressure and I didn’t know the answer to that all important life decision question, “What do you want to be when you’re older?” this I really struggled to answer, “I don’t know, I’m only 14, help!!” But no one could help me, because the job that I do now didn’t exist 23 years ago!! That’s me in the photo below, 11 years old, with my friends from Primary School.


Above (L-R):  Donna, Sharon, Claire (me) and Brenda

But let’s face it, life moves on, and we find our own path based on our own choices and decision-making. So as I connected with friends from my younger years on the well loved Facebook, I thought it was really lovely and fascinating to catch up and find out what everyone has been doing for the last 21 years.



So better still I decided, together with some friends of mine, to organise a School Reunion from two of the local high schools in my home town. To my amazement and delight this Reunion has created a fresh buzz and excitement for all, I think just what we’ve all been waiting for. So we are going to have a Reunion Ball, yes, a right proper posh do, with lovely ladies in glamorous dresses, and dashing gentlemen in top hats and bow ties. Woo hoo this will be fun, fun, fun.

If you went to Taylor or Brannock High in North Lanarkshire, please come to the School Reunion. It is being held in the Avonbridge Hotel, Hamilton on Saturday, 5 March 2011. For ticket information send me an e.mail: claire@murraypeople.com

OR if you didn't, why not come along anyway, meet new friends and have a laugh OR better still arrange your own School Reunion and bring people together in a fun way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.