Tuesday 21 April 2009

Anything is Possible

Every journey starts somewhere and I believe my adventure started when I crossed the line of the New York Marathon in November 2007. I absolutely believe “anything is possible” especially after this personal achievement. I remember very clearly at the beginning of January 2007 what a mighty task I had set myself. I will never forget those freezing cold training nights battling through the winter storms, often alone but full of determination and spirit to reach my goal.



As I write this article I am sitting with the NYC marathon medal in front of me. Simply looking at it and touching it takes me back to that magic moment of crossing the finish line - I think the photo of me on the right, says it all really. On the back of the medal are inspiring words from Alberto Salazar, “. . a triumph of the will over all limits”.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.