Sunday 19 April 2009

Embrace The Present

Jenny’s husband has employment which involves frequent moves, so we were sorry rather than surprised to hear that she would be leaving our neighbourhood. “It must be rather hard,” commiserated the Lady of the House, “to have to keep leaving everything behind you.”
“Well,” Jenny replied. “I always make sure I take the addresses of the friends I’ve made but other than that, I try to look forward rather than back.”
“I go along with the philosophy of Jan Gildwell, who said: “You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.”
And that’s not bad advice for any of us, whatever our circumstances. [The Friendship Book, 2009]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.